thepensters.com
Home > Blog, How to Write, Students' Tips > Key Components of a Successful Storytelling Technique

Key Components of a Successful Storytelling Technique

storytelling technique

Effective and captivating storytelling is a sort of an art. A perfectly developed and presented story can easily leave behind all the age barriers, reach its target readers and hook the interest of the ones that don’t seem to be the attracted by this genre. Even when we are not here anymore, our stories will be remembered by many if we’re really good at storytelling. Knowing and successfully applying the basic components of an effective storytelling technique will make your stories stronger and loved by many!

  • Strong Title

This element of a storytelling is a must-have. However, it is one of the most difficult tasks that the authors are faced with. How to find the right inspiration for an attractive title? Make sure to ask your pals to read your story and then provide you with the list of phrases and words that hooked their attention. Perhaps they will turn to be perfect potential titles. Remember that the titles that consist of one or two words may look like you have been taking the easiest way out.

  • Humor

Good news for you! Almost 35% of your readers have the natural ability to “think funny”. Nonetheless, the rest 65% doesn’t. Unfortunately. But there’s no need to get panic stricken – there’s always hope! In order to open the humor horizons for the readers, make sure to know your target audience. Otherwise, you run the risk of offending certain part of your audience.

  • Simplicity

The stories that comprise long and complicated sentences are the easiest to write. However, they are the ones that the readers forget in a flash. You, as the author, must be pretty simple, when writing down your story. The readers will soon get tired of unknown and hard-to-read-an-remember words, which means they will end up throwing your work into the bin.

  • Visual Imagery

There’s no need to be afraid of experiments with various types of visuals! Our brain can easily process visuals up to 60 000 times faster than texts! If your story type gives you an opportunity to include imagery, make sure to use the chance to bring your story to life!

  • Passion

It may sound trivial for you, but you must have passion for what you are writing. The point is that the more passionate the author is, the more interesting, authentic and virtuously developed the story is!

  • An Antagonist

Without a doubt, there’s a protagonist in your story and you even already know his or her name and how he or she is going to end up. But the rule is the following – if there is nothing at stake, your story can be equated to zero. What is your hero standing against? You should not portray some villain with supernatural abilities. Lack of education or poverty will do.

Including all the elements provided above into your story does not mean that it is going to be successful. Effective storytelling technique is about being able to run risks and to stand up in your foxhole being yourself from the beginning till the end!

  1. No comments yet.